Sunday, April 17, 2011

Up and Running

I revived The Norton from winter hibernation recently. I'm not seeing any more oil leakage from the head, so maybe, just maybe, the head retorquing did the trick. We will see.

At our club's Spring Tech Day last weekend I did brake work. I've been running a custom front brake with a Nissin four-piston caliper and a Harley brake rotor. I've been really happy with it, but the caliper developed a couple of sticky pistons last season. So I took the bike to Tech Day and the consensus was that a caliper rebuild is called for. In the meantime, I went ahead and put the stock brake back on. So I now have stock caliper, rebuilt with fresh seals, a drilled and resurfaced OEM cast iron rotor, and a Nissin master cylinder. I like the look. I'm using an old set of EMGO pads that need to be replaced, but I think with good pads this brake will be ok. I might leave it on the bike for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don OReilly said...

Good to hear you're on the road again! (I came across your blog when I googled "commando blown head gasket"- something I've been dealing with for weeks now) Have a great season, and keep the rubber on the ground! cheers, Don

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home