Friday, February 17, 2006

Help Wanted

The club had a website so I surfed over for a look. What I found was both encouraging and intimidating. It sounded like a good group but some of the members looked, well, kind of scruffy! I was actually pretty nervous about making contact but I needed help with the bike.

My fears were unjustified. In spite of their appearance, I found the club members to be friendly, helpful, and actually a great group of people to hang out with. And they had Tech Days, to which you could take your bike and get help. So I started going to club meetings, including of course Tech Days. I started making some real progress with the bike.

By spring 2005 I'd gotten the bike sorted reasonably well with the club's help. It was now a one-kick starter, and the handling was much better after tightening up the isolastics and rebuilding the swingarm pivot. I started riding the bike to club events. It was fun to ride, but obviously still had major problems and I really didn't trust it. So I basically stayed pretty close to home with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home